Tuesday, 23 February 2016

Top Ten Tuesday - Ten Books I Enjoyed Out of My Comfort Zone

Top Ten Tuesdays are hosted by The Broke and the Bookish over here. This week's theme is "Ten Books I Enjoyed Out of My Comfort Zone." This is really challenging for me since I'm good with almost all the genres so... letsago.

10. Little Brother by Cory Doctorow

Slightly out of my comfort zone with the emphasis of computers and tech stuff, but it was all properly explained so I really enjoyed it.

9. Brave New World by Aldous Huxley


With an emphasis on sex in society, of course I was a little turned off, but the questions it made me ask really had me enjoying the book.
 
8. wtf by Peter Lerangis


The title really had me reluctant, but the story was fun enough to change my mind.
7. 16 Things I Thought Were True by Janet Gurtler


I'm not good with contemporaries. So when I went into this one, I didn't have high hopes. I quite liked it though with its message. 

6. Firsts by Laurie Elizabeth Flynn


Again with the sex thing and I wasn't sure if it would be done right. It was done right and I was blown away.

5. Lumberjanes by Shannon Watters, Grace Ellis and Noelle Stevenson


The art looked really similar to Adventure Time and the crazy sort of plots and characters, which I find hard to get into. But I ended up liking it quite a lot. 

4. House of Leaves by Mark Z. Danielewski


The slight horror and paranormal stuff is quite out of my comfort zone. But it turned out to be amazing!!!!

3. Lux Series by Jennifer L. Armentrout


I find that people on covers really turns me off, but I quite like the series from what I've read so far. 

2. The Selection Trilogy by Kiera Cass


Romance is not my thing. And especially girls in dresses. Pretty much any girly thing. But this series must be like drugs because I just couldn't stop.
1. Twilight by Stephanie Meyer


Lastly Twilight once again because the huge emphasis on romance again. But I really love it and this really got me into YA reading so I owe a lot to it.

Thanks for reading this week's Top Ten Tuesday! I bet you can now see what genres aren't my favourite haha. What are some books you enjoyed outside of your comfort zone? Let me know in the comments!

Happy reading! :)

2 comments:

  1. Oh I really want to try Lumberjanes, it would be only the second graphic novel I have ever read. The first was Rat Queens and I enjoyed it but I'm not dying for the next one? I think I should try another graphic novel before I write them off completely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm... I haven't read Rat Queens myself. But I definitely do recommend keeping graphic novels open completely because each one is almost vastly different from others. If you liked Adventure Time or Steven's Universe, I definitely recommend this one! I hope that helped Jessica! Thanks! <3

      Delete

Comment: