Tuesday, 8 December 2015

Top Ten Tuesday - Top Ten New-To-Me Favourite Authors I Read For The First Time In 2015

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish over here. Today's theme is "Top Ten New-To-Me Favourite Authors I Read For The First Time In 2015." To be completely honest, I actually haven't read a lot of books by authors I haven't read from before this year, so this one will be cut short at seven.

7. Gayle Foreman
To be completely honest with you, I read If I Stay mostly for its hype. I rarely ever read contemporaries unless it's for the hype. But when I read it, I was like "wowwwwza why haven't I read this before??" It was pretty good, and I love the perspective of it, and I hope to read her other novels soon.

6. Jesse Andrews
I love the grittiness of his writing. He doesn't dwell on things, and doesn't write the life and stuff like John Green. And I love that he provides the alternate perspective.

5. Maggie Stiefvater
I haven't finished a book by her yet, but by the looks of it, I'm totally in love with The Raven Cycle. So yepp, new fav.

4. Alexandra Bracken
Technically I sort of discovered her late last year, but I wasn't entirely hooked until January of this year so I can still count her. Definitely an amazing writer.

3. Susan Dennard
I actually read her books years ago, but only rediscovered her again this year with Truthwitch, signifying a re-read of her first series! But I've fallen in love in a different way than before so I'll consider Sooz a new favourite for sure. And Truthwitch is to be a favourite, no doubt about it.

2. Mark Z. Danielewski
Read House of Leaves in January and February and was absolutely blown away. Definitely a new favourite and can't wait to read more of his stuff once I can get my hands on it.

1. Sarah J. Maas
Legit only read Throne of Glass this year and was immediately hooked. Thank god I didn't have to wait so long for the next books because mannnnnn, they were good. Definitely an auto-read/buy author for the future!

Well, I hope you enjoyed this week's Top Ten Tuesday! What are some of your new favourite authors this year? I'd love to hear them in the comments!

Thanks for reading! I really appreciate it!

Happy Tuesday! :)

4 comments:

  1. I haven't read any of these! TTT is making my TBR even more massive than it already was! Here were my favorite new authors of the year: https://byersediting.wordpress.com/2015/12/08/top-ten-tuesday-new-to-me-authors-of-2015/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I was pretty late to the game too with these novels. But trust me, my TBR is getting larger and larger by the DAY! You have a great list there! Thanks for reading, I really appreciate it!

      Delete
  2. I've had If I Stay for the longest time ever, but for some reason I haven't picked it up yet. I've heard Gayle's writing is amazing so I'm really excited to pick it up! I fell in love with Maggie after I read The Raven Boys earlier this year. I'm hoping to read The Dream Thieves and Blue Lily, Lily Blue before The Raven King is released, so I have alot of catching up to do. I actually read TOG last year and while I liked it, it didn't blow me away, so I didn't continue on to Crown of Midnight until July of this year I believe. If you liked TOG then prepare to be blew away by COM because it was amazingggggg!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I Stay is definitely reallyyyy good! You should definitely try and pick it up soon! I'm reading The Raven Boys right now, and it's also pretty good! I hope to also finish the rest of them before the Raven King. I devoured the entire TOG series in like a week lol. Definitely a new favourite!! Thanks for reading, I really appreciate it!

      Delete

Comment: