Thursday, 31 December 2015

December Wrap-Up + January TBR


As I write this, there is still a good three hours until the end of the day. Which is good since I completed my Goodreads Challenge of 30 books for the year about an hour ago. Okay so here is what I set out to read for December:

The Raven Boys by Maggie Stievater
Carry On by Rainbow Rowell
The Rose Society by Marie Lu 
Life and Death by Stephanie Meyer
Winter by Marissa Meyer
Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard
Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout
The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stievater
Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo
- my friend's manuscript

So what did I actually accomplish? Not all of these. Instead I sort of completely deviated from my TBR lol. Here's what I finished:

- Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo (Review to come)
- Firsts by Laurie Elizabeth Flynn (Reciew)
- Carry On by Rainbow Rowell (Review to come)
- Friends with Boys by Faith Erin Hicks
- The Rose Society by Marie Lu (I need to finish 100 more pages as I write this!!)

Personally I feel I did a pretty good job. I finished five books. I may have been overestimating with that TBR for December, but no matter. I did what I could. Here's my January TBR:

- Truthwitch by Susan Dennard (I can't WAIT!!)
- Passenger by Alexandra Bracken (Already read some and can't wait to finish!!)
- The Abyss Surrounds Us by Emily Skrutskie (Just got approved for the e-ARC!)

I'm setting my expectations low for this month because I've got tons of summatives projects and final exams at the end of the month, so I don't know how that will go. Hopefully I manage to get through these three! 

Thanks for reading! I hope you enjoyed reading about how I completely failed my December TBR. Now moving on we still have January, don't we? ;) Anyways, are there any books on my TBR that you are also planning to read in January? I'd love to hear what you are reading in the comments below!

Happy New Year!!

15 comments:

  1. You got quite a lot done in December. Congrats on completing your goodreads challenge! I am moderating a group on goodreads, Perpetual YA Bookworms, and we plan on reading the entire Raven Cycle series by Maggie Stiefvater between April 11 and May 8. One book a week, daily breakdown to be provided at a later time, if you want to buddy read the series. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thank you! I may have to take you up on your offer as I can't seem to be getting into it. I'm past the halfway point but... well. I really want to read it, so hopefully I'll be able to finish! Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  2. Hey hey now, friend! YOU READ AN ENTIRE THIRD OF YOUR ORIGINAL TBR! That isn't a complete fail! :D And goodness me, I really need to set about reading that Truthwitch ARC alsdkfja;lsdkjf FOUR DAYS! FOOUR DAAAYYYSS! *flails* *flails* *flails* Good luck for this new month :) I really really can't wait for Passenger either

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True, true! READ THAT TRUTHWITCH ARC YOU HAVE BEEN GIFTED. TRUTHWITCH IS AMAZINGGG!! Passenger is great as well! *flails and flails waiting for the 5th of January*

      Delete
  3. Truthwitch & Passenger aren't on my January TBR but are DEFINITELY going to my general TBR as soon as they hit the shelves! Also you should read try to get to The Raven Boys if you never read it before, it's amazing. Don't bet yourself up because you didn't followed your planned TBR, I never follow mine and I still try to make one lol Good luck on your school projects

    Deyse @ Bound with Words

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TRUTHWITCH AND PASSENGER OMG. TWO AMAZING BOOKS RIGHT THERE! The Raven Boys I know is good, I just find the pacing sort of slow and hard to get into. And thank you for the luck! I'm gonna need it... Thanks for stopping by! <3

      Delete
  4. Wow! You read so many amazing books this month! Congrats on finishing your goodreads challenge, I didn't get to finish it this year :/ I hope that you have a fantastic year of reading and good luck on all on all of your exams!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm so sorry you didn't get to finish... I set my goal really low because I knew school would be weighing me down. Thank you for the hopes and luck! I hope you finish your GR challenge this year! Thanks for stopping by! :D

      Delete
  5. Truthwitch and Passenger yay! I already read Truthwitch and loved it and Passenger is on my TBR for this month too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Passenger is great so far!! I'm about 300 pages in! Happy reading Tamara! Thanks for stopping by. <3

      Delete
  6. I really want to know what you think of The Abyss Surrounds Us! Looks so good

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping to start it soon! So you shall find out!

      Delete
  7. Em, YOU HAVE TO READ THE RAVEN BOYS!!!! And The Scorpio Races!!! Both of them are so good. Basically, Maggie Stiefvater knows how to write a damn good story, lol. I also got approved for The Abyss Surrounds Us and I plan on reading that in January too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNOW I DO!! I really want to, it's just HARD! I'll be looking forward to comparing thoughts on TASU! Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  8. Congratulations on completing your Goodreads challenge! It sounds like you read quite a number of books despite not reaching your goal -- but hey, there's always 2016 to finish those up. Everyone's talking about Truthwitch and I'm quite interested too.

    ReplyDelete

Comment: