Thursday, 12 November 2015

Unpopular Opinions Tag


Hey bookies! Today I'll be doing the Unpopular Opinions Tag! I was tagged by Claire at BlankSlaters Books and am sooo excited to be doing it! So here we go! 

#1: A Popular Book or Series You Didn't Like

- THE MORTAL INSTRUMENTS AND THE INFERNAL DEVICES -
This will make people hate me, but in reality I read all of these and don't really like them? I don't really like Cassie Clare as a person. The books and plot were really meh. But I liked the characters if that counts for anything?

#2: A Book Series that Everyone Seems to Hate but You Love

- TWILIGHT - 
I think a lot of people don't like this series, but I actually really like it? It's really cheesy, but it was actually one of the first YA books I read and got me really into the genre, which in turn has led me to meeting all of you lovelies so I'm super grateful for this book coming into my life.

#3: A Love Triangle Where The Main Character Ended up With The Wrong Person or an OTP You Don't Like

- MAL AND ALINA -
I personally LOVED the Darkling wayyyyy too much for my own good. And when Mal became the canon pairing for Alina, I felt kind of really sad. I thought they were better as friends and if it was Arkling instead, I feel she could have controlled him and balanced him out. Yeah, but I respect Leigh's choice for Malina. It was probably the better choice in the long run lol. 

- PEETA AND KATNISS -
I'm a fan of Gale personally, despite the ending and when you know what happens. But well, a fangirl can't have everything. *shrugs*

#4: A Popular Genre You Hardly Reach For
I'm actually pretty into most genres so I'm not quite sure what to put here lol. But if I had to choose one, I think I'd have to say paranormal or horror, and probably hard romance, too. I can't really get into those for some reason.

#5: A Popular Character You Do Not Like

- CHAOL WESTFALL -
I'm going to have to agree with Claire on this one, I just don't understand the hype surrounding him? (Please, please don't hate me!) Personally, I liked Dorian much more than him. Like I mean he was sweet and I understand why people may like him, but I don't think he was the best character ever. I don't hate him, but I don't particularly love him either. 

#6: A Popular Author You Cannot Seem To Get Into
- CASSANDRA CLARE -
I wish I could just write her and her books for all of these prompts. Alas, not all of them work, so fans of her should be grateful that they don't have to see me rant.

#7: A Popular Trope You Are Tired of Seeing
The romance. Romance. Particularly the female protagonist falling in love with almost every male character she sees.

#8: A Popular Series You Have No Interest In Reading

- FALLEN, HUSH HUSH, AND A LOT MORE... -  
There's a bunch of YA books I don't have much interest in reading. A lot of them I know the plot to because I've had friends who read it and asked them to tell me what it was about so I'm caught up, but most of these are romance books and I don't quite like the female falling in love with male(s) trope.

#9: When The Book WASN'T Better Than the Movie
The movie was better for Paper Towns, and Mockingjay so far. I wasn't a huge fan of both books, but I LOVED both movies so much! (And it's not just because Cara Delevingne and Jennifer Lawrence are in them. XD)

Thanks for tagging me Claire! I really loved doing this; it was so much fun!! :) I'm tagging:

- Fatima @ Book Whizz

- Alexandra @ Literary Legionnaire

- Deanna @ BookABlog


If I didn't tag you, don't fret! I encourage everyone to do this tag if you want to! 

Thanks for reading and goodnight! :)

4 comments:

  1. I agree with you 100% about Cassandra Clare and her shadowhunters. I liked the first three of TMI alright, but after reading the last three, I just hate it all. Hush Hush I thought was alright, but I guess I didn't particularly love it. Great answers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol. I also thought the first three were okay, but the others were completely ugh.

      Thanks! Thanks for reading and commenting I really appreciate it! :)

      Delete
  2. I didn't like Mal and Alina either, I was so frustrated at the ending! Thanks for tagging me! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I know right?? The Darkling was bae! No problem! I knew you might want to do it! :)

      Delete

Comment: