Tuesday, 17 November 2015

Top Ten Tuesday - Top Ten Quotes I Loved From Books I Read In The Past Year Or So

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish over here. Today's theme will be "Top Ten Quotes I Loved From Books I Read In The Past Year Or So. And believe it or not, I actually read all of these books this year so...


10. "'I hate this plan,' I said. 'Let’s do it.'" - Rick Riordan (Magnus Chase and the Sword of Summer)


9. "The girl starts crying even harder, but helpful posts in 140 characters or less don’t appear. Life should be more like Twitter." - Janet Gurtler (16 Things I Thought Were True)


8. "Don't feel bad for one moment about doing what brings you joy." - Sarah J. Maas (A Court of Thorns and Roses)


7. "'Oh, I fully intend to form an alliance with Luna.' Kai glanced at the cyborg foot again. 'I just intend to put a different queen on the throne first.' - Marissa Meyer (Winter)


6. "She wasn't interested in telling other people's futures. She was interested in going out and finding her own." - Maggie Stiefvater (The Raven Boys)


5. "The fault is not in our stars," I whispered to the ceiling. "But in ourselves. This was my choice." - Susan Dennard (Something Strange and Deadly)


4. "It is the fire. The spark. Black is the color of memory. It is our color. The only one they'll use to tell our story." - Alexandra Bracken (In the Afterlight) 


3. "And that's just it, isn't it? That's how we manage to survive the loss. Because love, it never dies, it never goes away, it never fades, so long as you hang on to it." - Gayle Foreman (If I Stay)


2. "You might try then, as I did, to find a sky so full of stars it will blind you again. Only no sky can blind you now. Even with all that iridescent magic up there, your eye will no longer linger on the light, it will no longer trace constellations. You'll care only about the darkness and you'll watch it for hours, for days, maybe even for years, trying in vain to believe you're some kind of indispensable, universe-appointed sentinel, as if just by looking you could actually keep it all at bay. It will get so bad you'll be afraid to look away, you'll be afraid to sleep." - Mark Z. Danielewski (House of Leaves)


1. "You could rattle the stars," she whispered. "You could do anything, if only you dared. And deep down, you know it, too. That’s what scares you most." - Sarah J. Maas (Throne of Glass)


Here's this week's Top Ten Tuesday! As you can see, I love quotes with references to stars and fire and such! But that's just me! Let me know what you think and YOUR favourite quotes are! I'd love to hear them! Thanks for reading!

Happy Tuesday! ;) 

4 comments:

  1. Great post! Loved the SJM ones...BECAUSE I MEAN HOW CAN YOU NOT?! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks! :) SJM ones are so empowering, I love them all! I would have put them all in here, but that wouldn't be fair to the other authors wouldn't it? ;)

      Delete
  2. Winter quotes are great. I should probably read that soon.
    Awesome post :) I'd like to check out the Alexandra Bracken book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks! I haven't actually read Winter yet, it's one of the excerpt quotes they posted on Twitter lol.

      Alexandra Bracken's book mentioned here, is the third book in her series! You should definitely read it and start with The Darkest Minds! Thanks for reading! :)

      Delete

Comment: